Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Homemade Mango Frozen Yogurt


I ran thru the internet to see how others make yogurt at home and was excited to see how easy with just a few simple steps that we can enjoy homemade frozen yogurt. I had a few mangoes at home brought back the day before, eaten one and it was very sweet so i thought it would be nice to try a mango flavoured frozen yogurt.

I have made this using a blender and i would like to try using a food processor and add sugar next time to see if it will produce a more smoother texture cos i read somewhere that the sugar thing will help to produce a more creamier and smoother during the freezing process but at this time , I only want to stick with just greek yogurt alone, no milk or cream, experimenting more like. The blending process just takes few minutes and after that, pour it into the ice cream maker bowl that has been freezed overnight, let it churn and freeze. That's it, a less-guilt frozen dessert :))



Ingredients

2 chilled ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into chunks ( mine total abt 500gms)
1 cup greek yogurt
1tbsp maple syrup

Directions
Put half of the amount of mangos and half of the yogurt into a blender and blend. Add in the rest of the mangoes and yogurt and blend well.  Taste and add maple syrup or other sweeteners and adjust accordingly. Transfer to the ice cream maker machine and process according to manufacturer's instructions. Freeze the yogurt until it hardens.


Sharing this post with Litle Thumbs Up event( May 2015 : Yogurt ) organised by Zoe Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Cheryl of Baking Tai Tai


and also Best Recipes for Everyone ( May2015 : My Fav Dessert) organised by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and hosted by Aunty Young








14 comments:

  1. Lena, this mango frozen yogurt sure looks good! I used to love the NZ frozen yogurt that was available at the supermarket. Can't get this now. Even if got, it will be too expensive. I must try this one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lena, your mango frozen yogurt sure got my mouth watering! It really makes me want to take a bite out of the screen! Thanks for sharing it to BREE! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds and looks better than ice cream! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love frozen yogurt and mango froyo sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum and healthy! I like <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lena, I just made my strawberry frozen yogurt, and now i'm drooling when looking at your mango ice cream,. I should run to the market and grab some mangoes back, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mango yoghurt looks so delicious, like the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lena , got some sweet mangos , frozen yogurt is on the way . Thanks for sharing , pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mango yogurt ice cream not only look good but healthy too! Don't mind to have it several times a day :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lena,

    Fion, Aunty, Doreen, Cheryl and I are hoping that everyone will be joining in a wagon of making frozen yogurts today!!! What a coincidence that you made this creamy mango frozen yogurt!!! You want to add your link in our FB at https://www.facebook.com/groups/BestThumbsUpRecipes/

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice everyone's making frozen yogurt today to beat the heat! I've brought my blueberry frozen yogurt along to exchange with your delicious mango flavoured one! Thanks for sharing with LTU.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lena,
    This cup of mango frozen yogurt looks so yummy... can I have some pls .. hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Lena...i made mango flavored too!!! But mine's slightly unhealthier as I had whipped cream in them...lol...lovely ice cream you have gotten :)

    ReplyDelete