Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Wu Pao-Chun Champion Toast 吴宝春金牌土司



After seeing all the excitement and the wonderful reviews among my blogger friends who have baked this popular bread recipe that originally comes from Master Wu Pao-Chun, his Champion Toast Bread, now i'm finally trying it. I cant agree more that this is indeed a very good white bread recipe, the soft type of bread that many of us will like. I do not know how long will it keep soft , on the second day it is still as good and on the third day i have to keep in the fridge as i have to be away from home. The best thing about baking this bread is of course you dont need any bread starters that needs extra time to make it and yet it yields a very tender loaf of bread, that's brilliant.

The crust turned out to be lighter than usual which i realised i hv baked in the lowest rack of the oven.
Guess that's the reason why.



I cant remember where exactly did i first come across this bread recipe but here i am referring to ccm's blog for the original recipe , you can proportion it out if you want to bake a bigger or smaller loaf or rolls. If you like this kind of white bread, this would be ideal for a everyday bread. Thanks to everyone who have shared this recipe.


Here is the original full recipe taken from ccm2poco.blogspot.com 

hi protein flour 1000gm
sugar 80gm
salt 18gm
butter 50gm
instant yeast 10gm
milk 230gm

my scaled down recipe baked in a pullman tin 20cmx 10cm x10 cm
hi protein flour 330gm
sugar 2 tbsps
salt 2 tsps
butter 15gm
water 148gm
yeast 3gm
milk 75gm

Direction
Using a fork, mix flour, sugar, salt and instant yeast in the bowl of an electric mixer. Attach dough hook and gradually add in milk and water. Beat till it becomes a rough dough. Add in the butter and continue to beat for about 15mins till the dough is smooth. ( mine on speed 2 KA mixer )

Remove the dough and shape into ball . Let it proof in a large bowl, covered with kitchen towel or cling wrap and let proof till its double its size. Once it has doubled its size, remove the dough from the bowl onto a lightly floured surface and lightly knead the dough. Shape into a ball and let it rest for 10 mins.

Using a roller pin, flatten the dough and roll out to a rectangle with its shorter length almost matching the length of the pullman tin but shorter ( as it needs space to expand further ). Roll it up and let it proof in the pullman tin till it fills up almost 90% of the tin, about 50 mins. Bake in a preheated oven at 170C for about 25-30mins. ( I baked mine at 190c for 30mins )

I am linking this post to Best Recipe for Everyone November 2014 Event Theme : Fresh form Oven - My Bread Story hosted by Fion of XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Diary

24 comments:

  1. I have not try this bread yet,you remind me again about this bread,must take a time to try
    Thanks for linking with BREE :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lena,
    I have make this bread too. It is indeed a no regret to bake bread.
    Yours looks as lovely! Can I have a piece please :p
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to try recipe....I can see that those who have try it ....they only have good praise of this bread and sure do will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lena, I'm newbie in bread baking ... so haven't reach the professional stage to try this recipe ... hee... hee !
    The texture is so fluffy soft indeed ^-^!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you seriously are the best bread baker ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love any excuse to bake bread- your loaf looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what beats a nice thick slice of bread for anytime of the day? i do love this too... direct method and soft toast... very lovely one u hv there Lena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful loaf! So fluffy, soft and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks super soft and fluffy! A great loaf, Lena.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, this white bread does look fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, Lena!!! Your loaf looks really good!!!

    We are loving this recipe too! I have asked my auntie in Singapore to bake this recipe using her breadmaker without using the loaf pans and she is loving it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lena, I love this great recipe too, super delicious bread! Yours perfectly baked!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lena, wow! wow! nice bread and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks SO GOOD!! I need to start making bread again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never knew of such toast called champion toast! Looks good. So fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another recipe that I've been meaning to bookmark :D It looks really soft and pillowy , gonna try this sometime !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great bread. My kids always prefer a softer sandwich type bread, but mine are usually more dense than they like. May have to try swapping in some whole what into this and see what happens...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Although I have not heard of this bread, it sure looks fluffy and light...indeed great for everyday toast...
    Thanks for sharing the recipe Lena...have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have yet tried it out. The texture looks wonderful. Hope you're having a lovely evening dear.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm intrigued, the bread looks wonderfully soft, yet what is it in the recipe that makes it different compared to others? Must try next time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Lena!
    Well aren't you the little bread baker, lol...You know me, not yet:) I will bake bread one day especially when I get inspired by such recipes as this. Of course, I don't really know the difference in methods but, it sure looks heavenly and for me, that's really what matters!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing, Lena...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice! I love this bread too, straight dough yet, soft!

    ReplyDelete