Thursday, November 20, 2014

Jam Doughnut Muffins




Taste like doughnuts, shape like muffins?

okay, be it a half doughnut or half muffin , i find this recipe from Nigella Lawson is incredibly good. Each doughnut muffin here is filled with some jam and once the baking it's done while it's still warm, roll them over some melted butter and some sugar. Delicious! There is no need to take your piping bag and tip out to pipe in the jam on the cooked muffin, here we fill  the muffin case with some batter, follow by the jam and again top with more batter and bake .


I have baked kind of similar muffins couple of months back, Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Muffins , a different recipe. I would think this Nigella's doughnut muffins are fluffier and tender in texture compared to the those cinnamon sugar muffins. Yes, they are quite like doughnuts but so much easier to make !

As i was typing this,post,  i just received a message from Joyce reminding of today's post. Gosh! I thought it's tomorrow! Sorry if some of you have followed the date written on the side bar of the blog. My mistake, sorry! So here it is, my bake along post with Joyce and Zoe!




Recipe ( from How to be a Domestic Goddess )
made about 20 mini muffin
1/2 cup milk
scant 7 tbsp corn/ vegetable oil, plus more for greasing ( i used 5 )
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract ( omitted )
11/3 cups/ 160gm  self raising flour
12tsps strawberry jam
1/3 cup superfine sugar
scant 1/2 cup unsalted butter ( i reduced to 50gm)
1/2 cup sugar

Directions

Preheat oven to 375F/190C.

With a fork, beat together milk, oil, egg and vanilla extract. Stir this into the flour and 1/3 cup sugar
until just combined ( can use hand whisk) .  The lumps dont matter and if you overbeat the muffins will be tough. Spoon th emixture into eacah muffin cup so that it's just under a third full. Then with a teaspoon add a dollop of strawberry jam, then top with more muffin mix so that the cases are just about full.

Put them in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 mins or until the tops feel springy and have puffed up into little toadstools. ( I baked mine for 16 mins )Meanwhile, melt the butter slowly in a thick bottomed pan and lay tge remaining sugar out in a wide shallow bowl or plate. As soon as the muffins are ready, remove the from the pan, dip them in the butter and roll them in the sugar. Eat warm.




get the InLinkz code

22 comments:

  1. 好美味的也 。。卖相很好!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena, any more left ? ... hee hee.. these jam doughnuts look yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lena,

    I followed the recipe in the book and the link leh... and that's why I used 200g of flour. They are nice to eat on the same day but not as good as they were freshly baked on the next day :p

    Yours look very nicely baked... Some of mine are kosong... Aiyo!!!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Lena, your mini muffins look very sweet and nice! I love these muffins....with the jam filling inside...absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These doughnut muffins look mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doughnut or Muffin who cares??? They sure look enticing Lena:)

    Thanks so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lena
    Yours looks so cantik! I mean your mini jam doughnut :D
    Can i have one for my tea-time treat?
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lena,
    Lovely choice for our Bake-Along! These doughnut muffins are fun to make and to eat!
    Thought you have forgotten about the date, as you always post in the morning for our BA!
    Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These mini muffins must be incredibly good, taken warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the third post I visited and I really can't wait to bake these oh-my-goodness-so-cute muffins! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lena, your jam doughnut muffins are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lena, nice looking doughnut muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lena , your muffins looks so deliciously yummy . Thanks for the get well wishes Nee :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lena, after seeing these cuties from you, Joyce and Zoe, I feel like baking it too heeheehee

    ReplyDelete
  15. gosh, urs r such cutey... with the sugar on top its even cuter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds good. I’m a big fan of coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lena, these little gem donut muffins are incredibly, droolworthy yummy. Very similar to the ones that my daughter makes in her little mini donut pan, but they do look like donuts! Would love to try these, since I don't have the special gadget to make them into donuts! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely doughnut muffins....craving for food at this wee hour and wish I can grab one out of the screen to eat now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look wonderful. I have lots of jam that I canned. I think these might be a great breakfast when my girls come home from school!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute donut muffins! I have to try these soon. Did you use a mini muffin pan?

    ReplyDelete