Saturday, August 16, 2014

Baked Seafood Curry Pasta



When i was over at Karen's blog the other day where she did a delicious looking Baked Chicken Teriyaki Pasta, she mentioned that she had gained confidence making it after attempting her Baked Japanese Curry Rice. It triggered me that i may also use some curry cubes to make a baked pasta, so here comes the inspiration from a baking friend :D



I have a box of these curry cubes which i have not used before, it doesnt come from Japan but Taiwan. It taste just like japanese curry and to me, i find it a little less sweet than Japanese curry. I didnt make a lot of sauce with this pasta but good enough to cover the entire dish. So here it is, a simple baked curry pasta.





Recipe
150gm spaghetti
6 medium sized prawns, shell and head removed
1 big squid, cut into rings
1/2 cup cauliflower florets
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 onion, cut into wedges
2 curry cubes
1 cup of water ( more or less according to your liking )
1.5 tsp soy sauce or to taste
1 cup of mozarella cheese
dash of ground black pepper

Directions
Prepare a bot of boiling water to cook the cauliflower first. When they are cooked, remove and set aside. Put in the pasta and cook till done and transfer to a baking dish.

In a pan, pour some oil and saute the garlic and onions . Then add in the prawns, squids and fry them for a while. Add in the curry cubes and water and bring to a boil. Add in soy sauce to taste. Pour the sauce over the pasta and sprinkle with the cheese and some black pepper on top and grill in a preheated oven at 220C till the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.


Our next Bake Along will start on the Aug21, 2014 and we will be making Plum Tartlets. Recipe can be found over at this link. All are welcomed to join !



get the InLinkz code

16 comments:

  1. Hi Lena….I just made it to this bake along event lol! I have been too busy at the office and that made me lazy at home…lazy to cook but still want to bake lol! Mmmm…maybe I should go grab some of those curry packets and stock it up for simple easy to cook pasta like hours on lazy days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops! typo error there…should be "yours" not "hours" lol !

      Delete
    2. i know you hv been very supportive, thx so much jeannie!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Lena, my saliva drooling at your yummy Baked Seafood Curry Pasta. I will definitely make your curry version ... and thanks for mentioning ^-^!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be very flavourful! I like comfort meals like this. Thanks for sharing, Lena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curry cubes?? Never see it here or prob I just did not notice. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lena , this pasta sounds very appetizing , the melted cheese looks sinful :D Need to buy curry cubes !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm........yum! And now with curry flavour and why I didnt think of that.....got to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lena, your curry version of baked pasta looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make pasta once a week , my kids loves it. Your curry pasta version sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lena,
    I have never seen curry cubes before! Curry pasta sounds delicious to me! Must try pasta with curry one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lena,
    Your curry cubes seems so handy to use eh!! Curry pasta is like the east meet the west ..hehe
    Sure sedap!!
    Have a wonderful week ahead.
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  11. The baked curry pasta looks delicious, Lena.
    Think i can suggest my hubby to try this since he doesn't like the original baked pasta which has very thick layer of cheese on top.
    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a comforting meal to arrive home to Lena! With that grilled cheese especially.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks like a seafood casserole that we called seafood spectacular in my house:) I love your version with the noodles and it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lena, thanks for being so supportive with your sweet comment on my blog...even though, I keep going MIA! Well, I'm back to stay for a while and plan to keep up with my blog and stay in touch!
    I do need your droolworthy delicious curry seafood pasta; which is very creative and a genius twist of the Italian/Asian version. Absolute perfection, and love the addition of the cauliflower florets, as well! So glad I got to see this...thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete