Thursday, November 7, 2013

Cheese and Herb Rolls


It has been quite a while since i baked some savoury kind of rolls. When i knew that we were going to bake these cheese and herbs at The Home Bakers ( THB ), i was actually quite delighted and i said to myself that i am going to bake these fast....but my actions didnt speak louder than my words ..and i am late again. Well, it is okay...better late than never.



This rolls actually features a mixture of 3 kinds of cheese that is Parmesan Cheese, Asiago Cheese and Monterey Jack Cheese. Here at my place, i have never seen Asiago nor Montery Jack so i had used all Cheddar cheese making these rolls. Besides cheese, these rolls are also flavoured with a blend of basil, chives and parsley which i find that they do make the rolls look prettier..oh, and i also added some poppy seeds on top. I also had fun shaping these rolls ..in fact i see everyone had made different shapes for these bread rolls. You can have a look at those who had made the same rolls here. I had much earlier seen from a blog as to how to shape these rolls, sorry i didnt bookmarked it otherwise i will put the link here too. The method of shaping these rolls are quite similar to shaping a pull apart bread loaf, just that these are divided into small portions before shaping and stacking them.



Below is my two third recipe for my reference.  For full recipe and instructions, please hop over to Zoe's blog, the host for this 25th bake.

Ingredients
6 gm instant yeast
2 tsp sugar
2/3 cup warm water
1/2tsp salt
300gm bread flour ( i added 1/3 cup of flour more )
3 eggs ( leave 1/2 an egg for brushing the top )
70gm butter, slightly softened
2.5 oz of cheddar cheese
dried parsley, basil and chives, about 2-3 tbsp
poppy seeds for topping



25 comments:

  1. 看了这个,想起我好久没有烘面包了。嘻嘻嘻 。。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena, I just had lunch and yet my mouth is watering looking at your rolls. I could eat two or three of them without any problem. They're beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rolls look absolutely heavenly Lena...I'm so glad I'm working on my yeastaphobia. Someday I'm going to make me some rolls and I can only dream that they will look so light and fluffy. Definitely worth waiting for!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautifully shaped buns. Bet they smell wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lena , what greous rolls , now I will have to bake some , because I could not get one off the screen . Thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful rolls and I'm sure the cheese and herbs make them exceptionally flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful looking rolls. Love savoury and bet these must be really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These rolls are making me hungrrry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lena,
    Your herb and cheese rolls looks pretty! Am drooling looking at these cheesy buns! Pass one over please :p
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your rolls look delicious! Mine didn't come out well at all as the dough was just too soft. I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious rolls and great clicks, Lena!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They seem really tasteful!Cheese+herbs is a winning combo!
    Kisses,dear Lena!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lena , yeah , me , too - want to bake that , this, but as usual .... *sigh* lol Love the look of these full of cheesy goodness rolls , not enough though to bake it right away ugh !

    ReplyDelete
  14. These rolls are beautifully made. Love cheesy rolls, delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice bun. i have been a time didn't bake bun. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice way to wake up to breakfast... The combination of cheese and herbs.... Ooooh..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lena,
    Your bread certainly looks good! A cup of pak-kopi would be perfect with your rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just made a large pot of pumpkin soup :-) Want to join me for the dinner? Don't forget to bring a few of your delicious rolls over :-))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my that look so Soft and fluffy rolls :D
    Yummms

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lena, these buns looks soft and cheesy, so yummy leh...:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. perfect snack time... with a hot milo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like cheesy stuff, your buns combine cheese and herbs, irresistible to me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Buns always look inviting to me, I just love them, especially topped with so much cheese! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. When I see these bread rolls, I wish I could bake...

    ReplyDelete