Thursday, October 17, 2013

Peach Almond Coffee Cake



This is our 24th bake at The Home Bakers ( THB ), my overdue post again. This cake has been picked by Chaya of Bizzy Bakes and she is the host for this bake. Sorry Chaya, for this late posting.

I have used canned peaches as i couldnt get hold of those fresh peaches here and i have used almonds instead of cashew nuts as per in the original recipe. This is my second attempt baking this cake as my first one turned out to be uncooked at the center of the cake. Actually it is a very simple cake to bake, i suspected i didnt drain the peaches properly before adding to the cake resulting that the center of the cake was actually quite raw.



After reading Jasline's post and some of the comments on the same cake, i decided to try it again. I make sure that i pat the peaches really dry this time so that it would not further draw out much moisture from the peaches and i also noticed that Jasline sliced her peaches thin and resulting in a nice even cake surface. Look at the pic below and you will see what i mean.

first attempt..with hills and bumps..and uncooked
2nd attempt..much much beter :)


This is a nice coffee type cake and a nice cake for a coffee break. To see the rest of the members who have already baked this cake,  you can click here and being the rule of the event, only the host of the bake can post the recipe, so visit  Chaya's blog for the full recipe.



29 comments:

  1. I bet this cake must be very good, with almond, with fruits, what can I ask for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm....the cake look so yummy and moist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this coffee cake.. it looks so crusty outside but moist inside. crumbs in it are so fine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lena,

    It always better late than never... You are making me feeling so guilty because I didn't bake this cake :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks good for afternoon tea.... wait for me ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! very nice coffee cake, well done Lena!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, this looks absolutely tempting. I want the whole cake on my table. haha... Ya, has been craving for something like this for a long time but no time to make one yet. >o<
    Hope you're having a lovely day dear.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I was admiring Jasline's photos too, very well baked. You got yours down really nice on your 2nd attempt too! What did you do with your 1st cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. part of it went to my dog..bobby :D

      Delete
  9. Lena, better late than never is what they usually say :) Anyhow I love how crumbly and buttery your peach cake looks. One cup of tea please!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lena! I'm so happy your second attempt went so well, your cake looks really beautiful! I am so craving for a slice right now, let me bring some tea over okay? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lena, late is better than not posting at all, your friends can understand. I want to have a slice for my afternoon tea, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a scrumptious cake!
    Cheers,dear Lena!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd be very happy with the one with the "hills and bumps," Lena. They both look scrumptious to me. Peach season might be over for now but the thought of using canned peaches in this coffee cake sounds mighty good for any time especially right now while I'm having my morning coffee!

    Thanks for sharing, Lena...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lena this look absolutely georgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lena,
    We like this cake too! I love using canned peaches in baking!
    You may link with the current linky at THB! No worries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lena, this looks like a nice cake for an afternoon tea. I love canned peaches in desserts

    ReplyDelete
  17. .Hi Lena , just yummy , ne right over with the tea , thanks for sharing :) ,

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi Lena, I love this cake too
    simple and yummy
    I used canned peach too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This cake look lovely, i would like to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lena, it is a pretty looking cake!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lena , actually both bakes look wonderful and would never have thought that the first one was a dud :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the third tart/cake I have seen topped with almonds today. It's making me hungry! I canned some peaches this year and will have to remember your caution to make sure they are drained well if I bake with them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the tips - I wouldn't have thought to pat the peaches dry myself!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Lena,
    What did you do with the hills and bumps cake? :p
    Bet this is a delish cake. I love canned peaches in cakes too. The last pic can tell this is indeed a yum yum cake.
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Lena, your cakes that you make are always so beautiful and inspirational, and the almond with the peach version is a perfect, and really scrumptious/delicious cake to have for family, and guests. Its always nice to have a wonderful coffee cake around. Sorry for not visiting your blog and others' lately...have not had a good couple weeks, and perhaps even longer. Will do my best to keep up with your latest post. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both cakes look equally super! I think it's the baking pan that makes the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'd love to steal a piece for my tea right now, Lena!

    ReplyDelete