Friday, September 27, 2013

Silver Dollar Pumpkin Pancakes





Silver Dollar Pancakes refer to pancakes about two to three inches in diameter or about the size of the old silver dollar coins in the US and usually one serving is around 5 to 10 silver dollar pancakes ( as stated in wikipedia ). When i saw these little pancakes in Pioneer Woman's site, i think that they are really cute and also because of the pumpkin in there,  they look golden and beautiful. I have some frozen pumpkin puree in my freezer and took them down to the fridge 2 days earlier to make them this morning.

the batter..there will be lumps, it's okay..and using 1/8cup to scoop the batter..just nice size..


I cooked 2 or 3 pancakes on my non stick pan at one time, so it did took a little while to finish cooking all the batter. Pioneer Woman made some maple whipping cream to serve along with these pancakes but for me at the moment, just maple syrup alone is good enough. The pumpkin flavour was subtle and it was good! For step by step pictures which is always helpful and full recipe, you can refer to The Pioneer Woman .




This post is linked to Cook Like A Star event organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, co hosting with Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out and Mich of Piece of Cake.

Recipe ( from The Pioneer Woman )
half of the original recipe, makes around 22 mini pancakes
Ingredients
1.5 cup cake flour
1/2 tsp salt
1tbsp baking powder
1.5tbsp sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1.5tsp vanilla essence
11/4 cup milk ( i did not use all )
1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice ( omitted )
maple syrup, maple whipped cream, butter, ice cream or nuts for serving ( optional )

* i did not use all the milk, i mixed till the consistency is pourable and not too thin as shown in the picture above. 

Method:
In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder , stir together and set aside.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, egg, vanilla and milk. Slowly drizzle wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring gently with a spoon. Once combined, if mixture needs more moisture, add a little milk, batter should be pourable.

Heat a non stick pan over middle low to low heat, smear a little butter over the surface and drop tablespoon sized amount of batter onto the pan. ( i used 1/8 cup to scoop the batter ) Wait for about a minute the flip to the other side. Pancakes should be light golden brown and set in the middle. Remove from heat.

Serve with maple syrup or whipped cream.



20 comments:

  1. 很健康的食谱也。加油。加油。我喜欢这个。嘻嘻嘻 ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always on the look out what to prepare for breakfast and this pumpkin pancakes looks great and healthy too. It is not only for breakfast but anytime when I feel like a snack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love the golden hue! Pass me a few dollars, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really golden and fluffy! I got to try this when I get myself some pumpkin! oh and maple syrup:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pancakes look good and healthy !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lena, I love your little golden coins. These are healthy and yet delish! What a great way to use pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute little pancakes! and i'm just in time for tea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lena, i love the cute little pumpkin pancakes, they look really good for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lena,
    These pancakes, besides looking cute, looks delicious too! Love the golden colour, Have seen this at The Pioneer Woman's website and like it too! But I have no more pumpkin puree in my freezer! Can you roll a few of your pancakes over? O..O..O.. Got it! Thanks! Yum! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lena , I love pancakes and these are so like and fluffy . I swear I gain 2 pounds each time I visit thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look wonderful!Love their vivid color!
    Take care,dear Lena!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You nailed it, they are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are so cute! Love them. Want to try and make these for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lena, the pancakes look very tasty. Nice for breakfast, I don't mind eating if someone made it for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lena, cantik nya..! this reminds me of the kaya balls except these are flat and not puffy. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lena!

    Your silver dollar pancakes look adorable. Almost too pretty to eat but, I'd have no problem devouring them! I agree, a little maple syrup would just be find with me.

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lena , those mini pancakes look so adorable ! Love the pumpkin flavor :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lena,

    Judging from the lovely golden colour of your pancakes, I reckon the name of these should be golden coin pancakes rather than the silver-dollar ones. LOL!

    Indeed that they look yummy. We should start selling these pancakes and transform these pancakes into real silver dollars :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lena,
    This pumpkin pancakes looks really cute in that size and thickness.
    I bet they taste wonderful.

    mui

    ReplyDelete
  20. Using BullionVault you may purchase physical bullion bars at current exchange prices.

    Your bullion is stored at one of 5 secured global vaults. And you may sell it online or take out physical bars.

    ReplyDelete