Monday, September 30, 2013

Pandan Butter Cake



Thank you to those who came by to read my previous post, Remove Almost Bourdain . If you know Almost Bourdain blog and havent read the post, do spare a minute to read it here

Moving on...saw Ann posting her little pandan cupcakes this morning and also at Jess's blog. As today is the last day of participating in the Little Thumbs Up Event, I quickly rushed out to buy coconut milk to make this recipe as i was very keen to bake them. I already have some thick pandan extract at home out from some pandan juice which i extracted last week, it was kept in the fridge and i smelled them, yes, they were still fine but it was just very little, just a couple of teaspoons. Due to that, i only made a small loaf. If you are going to make a small loaf like mine, you might want to consider using milk instead of coconut milk cos it is also just a very small amount required, otherwise make a big loaf or keep the rest of the coconut milk in the freezer. I find it a very crumbly cake, at the same time very soft and comes with delicate texture..you know i got to handle it with extra care when i needed to take photos of them...i was so gentle with the cake! a very nice cake to eat, i would say, thx to all who shared the recipe.


Recipe ( from AnnCoo Journal ) and as seen in Bakericious, whom adapted the recipe from My Mum's Cake House
this is half of the original recipe made in a 7"by 3.5" x 2.5". For full recipe, pls refer to links above.
Ingredients
90gm butter, softened
40gm sugar
1 A size egg, about 55 gm
20gm homemade pandan extract
20gm coconut milk
110gm self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder ( omitted )

Method :
1. Combine pandan extract and coconut milk together and mix well.
2. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy and slowly add in the egg mixture till well combined.
3. Sieve in the self raising flour and add in the coconut milk mixture. Gently fold the mixture well with a rubber spatula. Pour mixture into the prepared tin, mixture is fairly thick and bake in a preheated oven at 165C for 35 mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer.

tho not much of the pandan extract were used, the colour came out quite intense..



Rushing to link this post to Little Thumbs Up event hosted by Joceline of Butter, Flour and Me, an event organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourites DIY


29 comments:

  1. 这个好好吃,我也会喜欢。 :) 谢谢你的分享和连接。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, they were good! thx for hosting, you did a wonderful job, happy to link!

      Delete
  2. I love the beautiful green! Thanks for sharing, Lena.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cake , it will make a nice addition to the holidays dinner table thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lena, I don't even know what pandan extract is but this cake is the prettiest color I've ever seen. Sounds like I need to make a new discovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pandan butter cake.....an added with a different flavour and aroma from the usual butter cake. Your cake look so soft and moist and......beautiful green. Yes...go green!! Natural green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lena, ya I was fooled into believing that was Ellie's blog resurrected. Now I know better. This pandan cake of yours looks so fine and crumbly, I like the shade of green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 这蛋糕真的很好吃。。。

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lena, your cake is gorgeous...love the beautiful green color, and I can just smell the heavenly aroma of the pandan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lena,

    Making a last minute dash to make this cake and linking with LTU... Glad you made it. Love the deep jade colour of your cake. Looks very pretty and delicious!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lena, Yes this cake is crumbly but delicious! Thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lena,
    Thanks for sharing this to LTU.
    Love the nice green colour. I bet it's taste great too:)
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pandan butter cake sure looks beautiful and yummy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rushing to link this post yesterday ?! lol If only I can get some pandan leaves here *sigh* The color of this cake is so gorgeous ! I just can imagine the taste ......

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely green cake!!
    mary x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color and the texture of this cake. Must try this one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great colour, lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like the blogosphere is painted green with a lot of green desserts going round....haha. Yours is very outstanding. Amused to know that you had to handle it with much gentleness as it's crumbly. I guess that would be a great cake to teach me to be more patient and ladylike in the kitchen....haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Lena, this cake not only looks beautiful sounds delicious, I feel that it melt in your mouth...yum!
    Thanks for the recipe and have a wonderful week :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lena, ya this is a very crumbly cake but after 2 days, even mine is a failure cake, it turns out to be soft and moist and less crumbly. I guess this is a overnight cake :P. Your cake looks really nice, love the green color too. And thanks for mentioning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i have never heard of this but i love the color and the flavor of it. I bet it is divine and so light!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lena, this pandan butter cake must be very delicious and full of wonderful aroma. It does look crumbly but nevertheless good to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lena,

    Where oh where is the comment I left the other day? The one where I told you how delicious your Butter Cake looks. I was here honestly. Uh oh...

    I stopped back over to invite you to the Pasta Party I'm having at my blog. I'm glad I did because I did leave a comment the other day but it looks like something may have confused it with your gorgeous cake and ate it all up! Thanks again for sharing, Lena. I hope you can make the party:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Lena,
    The cake looks so moist and soft. And delicious too! Very good with a cup of kopi-O!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The texture and color looks great, Lena. Sure very aromatic and yummy. I agree with Kitchen F.. great with a cup of kopi-o especially Ipoh white coffee! lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just read your previous post! that's horrible. I will take note of it for sure.

    Pandan butter cake! Love this version- especially how buttery and soft it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Lena, Love the color of this buttery cake ! Looks so soft ,crumbly cake with nice pandan flavor! ! ;)

    ReplyDelete