Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Fried Rice in Omelette Parcel


I have seen this kind of omelette parcel in magazines and cookbooks before so i'm taking that idea to stuff in my simple fried rice. I'm not the kind of person who actually makes fancy stuff..err...i dont mean this omelette parcel is really fancy but if i serve rice, that means it's all on a plate and another thing is that my hands are just not meant to make fancy stuff...haha..cant make! But i think i'm okay to handle this omelette parcel, it could have been neater but i'm quite satisfied with it. Sorry that i did not take any pictures when making the parcel, hope you can understand what i have written in the recipe method below. When the omelette is ready, transfer them to a bowl..a deeper bowl preferably so that the parcel looks puffier and not so flat. Then using your clean hands or chopsticks or spoon, adjust the omelette to sit nicely on the bowl before you put the rice in. Using a larger plate press against the bowl, flip the bowl upside down..that's it.



Linking this post to Little Thumbs Up event organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out with the theme " EGG"



Recipe
3 bowls of cooked rice ( small chinese soup bowl )
1/2 tomato, diced
1/2 onion, diced
100gm chicken meat, diced
some mixed beans
1tbsp soy sauce
some salt
2 eggs for omelette ( one per serving )

Method:
1. Pour some oil into the wok and fry the onions, then add in the chicken meat , put a pinch of salt into it and fry till the meat is cooked. Throw in the mixed beans and tomato, give them a stir followed by the cooked rice. Using a spatula, break the rice apart, add the soy sauce and keep frying till the rice is heated through. May add some pepper if desired. Remove and set aside.
2. Break an egg in a bowl, use a fork to blend the yolks and whites together. Put a little oil into the frying pan and pour in the egg mixture. Swirl around the pan to spread them evenly around the pan.When the liquid has dried up, egg is cooked, dont have to flip the eggs to the other side. Remove and transfer and let it sit on a bowl.
3.  Scoop some fried rice onto the omelette in the bowl and using your serving plate press against the bowl,  flip the bowl upside down. Cut an X on the center of the omelette and serve. Do the same for the other omelette.

26 comments:

  1. Lena, it looks nice! Can eat omelette together with rice in one go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I always had this "nasi pattaya" when I stay in the college last time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your omelette parcel is so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it adds a special touch and presentation for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lena,
    Your omelette rice parcel is so beautifully done! Get to eat the rice and omelette too, yums! Nasi Goreng Pattaya, one of my hubby's and kids' favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...rice in omelette parcel...love it. I should try serving fried rice in omelette.. great presentation :) Why you din send one over for Claire and myself :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lena,

    This looks so pretty! I remember having ordered this at a resto in a hotel in Malaysia, hence, what you've done here, is a "fancy" michelin star nasi goreng :-D

    My kids eat with their eyes, so I'm sure this little parcel will go down very well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comAugust 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM

    Hi Lena, beautiful omelette parcel and yummy too. I think I can finish 2 parcels leh... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good presentation, Lena! And it looks like very yummy, I want to eat~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lena ... love your rice /egg parcel , beautiful done and looks so yummy , be right over :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so super cute!! I have never seen this before, but I definitely want to try to make this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lena,

    Your fried rice looks very fanciful... like treasure nicely nested in a eggy chest!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lena, love the rice parcel! I remember when I was in KL we called this nasi pertaya, is delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. rice and egg are two of my favorite combinations lately ever since I made rice and egg mini frittatas in mini muffin tins. I love your omelet version. I must try this

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lena, very nice presentation! Fried rice with a touch of class!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I eat all the eggs first, a beautiful dish indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! This is so perfectly done! Looks so inviting & lovely! Well done, Lena! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your fried rice looks good. Was it difficult to wrap? Can open restaurant liao?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just the humble egg sheet making the dish so pretty! Maybe I'll do that later for Frank's dinner. Some leftover rice sitting there...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lena, thanks for linking this to LTU. I love the presentation, pretty parcel holding the fried rice :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Lena what a glorious presentation! You did a wonderful job. I would never think to make such a dish before tonight but now, well I've learned something new and I LOVE it!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lena,
    Love these yum yum fried rice in omelette parcel, it is beautifully done!
    My kids would love auntie Lena very much if you send 3 sets over..lol
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lena , wrapping the fried rice in an omelette looks fancy indeed ;D Love it !

    ReplyDelete