Sunday, July 21, 2013

Blueberry Pecan Orange Coffee Cake



I made a mini loaf cake this afternoon, mini that i actually have the entire loaf by myself..almost.. cos i have already eaten 3/4 of it. You probably wouldnt like to see how i actually ate the cake, after slicing the one for photo taking, i just grabbed the whole loaf by hand and eat it just like that, like eating a burger or a bar of chocolate!  what manners, or eating etiquette..when nobody's watching? hehe..



I made half the recipe and the amount of each ingredient is actually quite little and all i did was to do that with a wooden spoon from the beginning up till the end. Cream the butter and sugar until light, add the egg and then the dry ingredients, throw in the blueberries and lastly sprinkle some streusel on the top. I baked this in my small mini oven too..felt like a kid baking this :D . This is a very nice and tender cake and although i did not use cranberry as per original recipe, the sweet and juicy blueberries were just as good! This is our 20th bake at The Home Bakers ( THB ) where we are all baking from the same book, Coffee Cakes by Lou Seibert Pappas. You can also take a look at all who have already made this cake by clicking here.


Some changes that i made was replacing the cranberries with frozen blueberries, used freshly squeezed orange juice instead of orange concentrate and the streusel topping are actually some leftover from a cake which i baked earlier..to be posted later. For full recipe, please visit the hostess of this bake, Maria of Box of Stolen Socks


23 comments:

  1. Lena, you are so funny but seriously, I would have done the same thing with this fabulous looking coffee cake. I bet the aroma was enough alone to drive one crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lena, I also just baked a similar blueberry cake with lemon syrup and streusel for a church event, it was so good that I wish I can keep some for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The streusel topping looks so dang inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The name of this cake says it all....absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who would resist munching on this loaf? I wouldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how crumbier it is! I think I will probably do the same and eat most of it :p I also like the change to blueberries as it is juicier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy and buttery, all the fattening stuff that we should eat less but they are so irresistible! sigh!I would grab one and eat it off the pan lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can visualise you as a little girl stealing off mommy's bake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lena,
    Baking with blueberries looks good! And I would do the same like you, eating with hands when nobody is looking, especially me, all alone in the house, who cares!! Less plates to wash! haha!
    I'm glad that you did not miss out on this, this is one lovely cake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also enjoyed this cake... I loved that you used blueberries. I like blueberries more than cranberries so i think yours would taste better than mine...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are too funny Lena:) I've done that a few times myself. However, I must admit they weren't always minis, lol...I'm delighted you used blueberries too. After all, July Is Blueberry Month!

    Thank you so much for sharing this tender mini:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delicious!!! I would do the same like you, consuming with hands when no one is looking, I'm glad that you did not overlook out on this, this is one beautiful cake!

    Regards,
    Tahitian Noni Juice

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also enjoyed the cake. I loved that you used blueberries. I like blueberries more than cranberries. Baking with blueberries looks good.

    Regards,
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hah! Hah! Lena, I love the way you eat the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nuts + fruits cake is good enough for me somemore got coffee, mana boleh tahan liao, if I were you, I finished all very fast too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pictures have me craving

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lena,

    A small loaf of this cake! This will never be enough for us... We chomped up ours quickly as well. This is the best THB recipe that I have baked so far :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fruity goodness you got there - no guilty feelings eating this cake!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds so good, would love to make a batch to take to work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Seriously Lena, I could eat this entire loaf of deliciousness all by myself with a couple cups of rich and steamy hot caffe latte! I have tons of fresh blueberries since it is in the midst of our season here in S. Florida, and would love to duplicate this awesome cake! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eating alone can be fun sometimes huh, Lena? :) The cake looks soft and moist, i think i want to try baking a small loaf like you and maybe eating it the way you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha ! You should see me eating some of my bakes - just like a starving pig :P It looks like another tasty treat ! Delicious !

    ReplyDelete