Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Kuih Bingka Jagung


While i was searching for some corn recipe ideas to take part in the Little Thumbs Up event, i came across this kuih bingka jagung in several sites. To my non asian friends, kuih is a term that we use to relate to our local cakes, mostly steamed but do have baked ones too like this kuih bingka. I do like eating kuih bingka, well actually i enjoy eating all types of kuih but never tried kuih bingka that comes in corn or jagung flavour. I set my mind to make this. Of course another factor that interest me to try was that it is so easy to make. Just put in all the ingredients into the blender and grrrr..grrr..grrrr.. and it's all ready to be baked! Yay! Easy! I have also made this kuih twice in the past week and was referring to a few recipes ..the first time i did that i didnt blend the creamy corn together with the rest..although it was still good but the kuih was full of  holes due to the corn kernels in the kuih. It is up to you whether you want to eat the whole corn kernels or not but i think blending it together makes the appearance better. This is a nice kuih and full of jagung/corn flavour.







Recipe (  with some reference from hana memories )
125gm flour
3tbsp custard powder
100gm sugar
350ml coconut milk
2 eggs
2tbsp oil
1 can creamy corn ( CREAM STYLE )

Method
1. Lined a 8" x8 " with banana leaves and preheat oven to 170C
2.Put all the ingredients above into a blender and blend till all mixed well.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 50-60mins. Set the oven to upper  grill at 220C and grill for about 5 mins. Remove and let cool before cutting.

You can reduce the sugar amount to 70gm-80gm if you prefer less sweet but i think the above is good for me for a kuih. 


This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Esther of Copycake Kitchen with the theme " Corn"


29 comments:

  1. Lena, I love this recipe, so easy, blend everything together and bake it. Yum yum. I must do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena, I also love any kind of kuih bingka but have not eaten bingka jagung.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lena! This looks familar.. some childhood cake but could not really remember fully. I'm also searching for recipes with corn ingredients! Have not been cooking lately... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really know how to bake
    This time lovely bingka cake
    With the flavour of jagung
    Haven't eaten this for quite long
    You are one of the best
    If your friends you entertain
    Sure nice to be your guest
    I'll bring a bottle of champagne
    Drink to our health my friend
    Friendship that will never end

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lena, I like to eat this type of kuih, esp made with corn kernels! Recently I've eyed on a cold version, thinking to take action but so far still tak jadi lah, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made kuih bingka without corn so cannot submit lol! This recipe sounds interesting, must remember to add corn kernel when I next bake this kuih.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so delicious. Love this kind of kueh. And best part is its so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to have this for tea.... haven't had this kuih for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lena, this kuih bingka jagung looks so delicious. I love to try out this recipe! Thank you for sharing with LTU :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Lena, i just made a kuih bingka banana, now will try it with corn instead. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very sedap! had this yesterday for morning tea break. one of my designers made it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still looking for some corny :D recipes ...... Your kuih bingka look delicious ! Love the coconut and creamy corn combo .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lena,
    I have never tried bingka jagung before! Can pass a few pieces? Better a whole tray! Haha! I love eating bingka ubi kayu the most, now am curious about jagung!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great one!I have a can and been looking for a recipe..this one will be perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eileen, Hundred Eighty DegreesApril 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM

    Hi Lena, I would love to try this. I like baked kuih.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lena,

    Without our modern equipment, grrrr..grrr..grrrr.., I cannot imagine how our ancestors use and do to make traditional kuih. Lucky that we are living in the modern world, grrrr..grrr..grrrr.. to make these lovely kuihs.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have a can of creamy corn that i have kept for quite long time, you have given me the idea on using it, thank you yeah...hehe
    hihi, so long didn't leave comments here. how are you there, Lena?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lena,
    I also like easy recipes that only need grrr,,grr...grr. Never had bingka jagung before, but yours look good, something that i think i will like :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I never had this before Lena...so interesting, and I like the idea of cream of corn and coconut milk...yum!
    Enjoy the rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lena, your kuih bingka with jagung one sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I never had this before, anyway I seldom eat kuih, too sweet for me liao lol.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love anything with coconut! I am very sure these corn cakes are as delicious as they look!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How interesting! I've never made anything like this before, I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  24. i just love eating kuih bingka, Lena. It's been ages since i last ate this kuih bingka jagung. See la now what you did to me.. start craving for some d.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Never heard of it!Strange name,nice result though:)
    Kisses,dear!

    ReplyDelete
  26. never had kuih bingka jagung before, must find one day to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now you've made me hungry, lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lena, what an interesting way to use corn. Please drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if it is ok with you if I link to it on my blog, Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lena,
    Your bingka jagung looks do yummy!
    Can I have a piece please :p
    mui

    ReplyDelete