Yes, that's it. Just only ONE ingredient to make this ice cream! I think i can claim that this is the most simple homemade ice cream i've ever made. Quite unbelieveable to me actually. No cream, no eggs, no cooking and you dont need to have an ice cream maker machine to make this. However, you will need to have a food processor to make the puree. So simple that i actually made 3 batches in 2 days..one with just plain bananas, one comes with some cocoa powder and one with some added peanut butter. When i said one batch, it's actually very little. i used about 4-5 medium size bananas and gave me 3-4 scoops. First, you will need to freeze the bananas for about 2 hours, after that puree them and you will get kind of soft serve ice cream. If you like soft serve type, then you can just eat that right away. If not, after you make the puree, freeze it till hard and you will get kind of solid ice cream like what you see here. However, i find it gets soft quite easily. I did not choose the very ripe bananas, afraid that it might turn black after freezing, i picked the just ripen ones.
|banana and peanut butter|
How about the texture of the ice cream? Hmm..not a sorbet, smooth, creamy..just like an ordinary ice cream but non-rich mouthfeel. It's kind of hard to describe , you can probably just imagine these are just frozen bananas that has been blended, though i personally prefer eating the more creamier, richer and fattening type of ice cream. I guess this is just another way of enjoying 'ice cream' ! No guilt feeling and most suitable for vegans.You can read the reviews and comments from those who have tried and also where i got this idea from at here. This is how i made these..
1) First, cut the bananas into pieces like this and place it on a plate. The 2nd time i placed it onto a baking tray and it was quite difficult to get the pieces out cos they are real hard.. Freeze them for 2 hours.These are the ones that has just been taken out from the freezer.
2) Place them into a food processor..
3) Press 'start' and after a few spins, it will look like this..
4) Within seconds, it will turn into this...
5) You can add in the cocoa powder or peanut butter here...After well mixed, you can remove this from the machine and freeze them.
6) After freezing..
|bananas with cocoa powder|
This was made for the ' go bananas' theme this time for our bake along. I know that Joyce and Zoe are making something different for the theme, want to know what they made? Let's hop over! Also Alice from iloveicookibake is joining us for the theme this round. Do cross over to see her delicious Chocolate Caramel Banana Upside Down Cake.We will be making pizza next for our bake along and if you are keen, drop us a note and post it up on October 6th.