If you like the taste of green tea and if you like bread, then i suggest you try making this. This time i steal the recipe from Min's Blog, all her breads are always so beautiful looking and i know that i just got to try out one of those someday. I thought green tea would be nice and this is it. Do get a good quality green tea powder if you're making this, you do not want to put in heaps and heaps of the powder and yet lack of taste and dull looking colour.. that would be very frustrated. Min, i've changed the rolling technique a bit .. i must admit that there are some chinese characters which i do not understand but that will not stop me from making this bread and thank you so much for sharing this.
Ingredients: ( from Min's Blog )
high protein flour 300gm
caster sugar 30gm
salt 1/4 tsp
instant yeast 1 1/4 tsp
green tea powder 1/2 tsp ( i used abt 1 tsp for stronger taste and colour )
1. Combine flour, sugar , salt , yeast and water in a mixer and mix well till smooth dough is formed.
2. Add in butter till dough is smooth and shiny.
3. Divide dough into 2 portions and add in the green tea powder into one portion and mix till dough is even colour.
4. Clingwrap both dough and let it proof about an hour or almost double in size.
5. Shape both dough into round shapes and let them rest for 10 minutes.
6. Divide each dough into 2 portions, so now altogether 2 portions of plain dough and 2 portions of green tea dough.
7. Roll them out and shape them into rectangle
8. Stack the layers alternately, flatten the dough and roll them up tight.
9. Place in a lightly greased loaf tin ( 11cmx11cmx23cm) and let proof for second time for an hour .
10. Bake in a preheated oven 180C for 30 mins. ( i baked mine at 200C for 40 mins)