Firstly, i would like to thank Elin from Elinluv's Titbits Corner and Kitchen Flavours for passing this award to me, i know this has been long overdue!I'm truly honoured to receive this award from them, two of the bloggers whom their blogs that i will never fail to visit. There are always delicious and mouthwatering food good enough to torture me!
Cooking Gallery, a very talented lady and always creative in all her bentos making. You will be amazed looking at her bento sets and not forgetting a wide range of Japanese food. Thank you so much for all these awards and i really appreciate that.
1.Post linking back to the person that gave you the award
2.Share 7 random things about yourself
3.Award 15 recently discovered blogs
4.Drop them a note and tell them about it.
Can i just skip note (2)? OK, well, i'm not good at this so i'm going to be very brief about this..
1. I'm a chinese ..the reason i put this down is because recently there is a reader who thinks i'm a malay and was puzzled when i put up a pork dish in my blog recently. I claimed medium built though there are some say that i'm small, they must really go and have their eyes checked.
2. I usually blog during the night cos this is time when i can really have some quiet moments.
3. I love dogs and have a lab retriever at home and now considering getting another retriever or maybe a german shepherd
4. My favourite song in karaoke is 'love will keep us alive'..ahem..i can sing a little bit .at least i wont crack the glass!
5. Have not stopped colouring my hair since 15 years ago..oh, it's not blue or green..just the many shades of brown. I like abit of orangey brown but unfortunately bright colour doesnt usually last long.
6. Am still curious about the taste of macarons, i'm not confident enough to do this at the moment but would like to have a taste of it. Everytime i can only eat from my computer screen! If anyone dropping by ipoh and visit me, please get me some macarons!
7. Have a weakness for earrings. Dangling ones, stud ones but not the very big ones.
From here, i would like to forward these awards to the following bloggers, do find time to visit their beautiful blogs.
1. Hanushi from Simply Hanushi
2. Jeannie from Baking Diary
3. Jasmine from The Sweetylicious
4. Sharon from SharonMoh
5. Cik Manggis from Jom masak, Jom makan makan
6. Jean from Noms I Must
7. Esther from X3baking
8. Tze from Away Of Mind
9. Brittany from les reves dune boulangere
10. Daphne from More than Words
11. Doris from Tested and Tasted
12. Cathy from Cathy's Joy
13. Min from Min's Blog
14. Jay from Tasty Appetite
15. Umm from Taste of Pearl City
And here's my lunch for today..a simple, quick and easy pasta with poached egg. In case some of you who is not too familiar with poaching an egg, you can refer to Victor (Random Cuisine) method of poaching an egg. I followed his method of doing this.
200gm of fettucine
2 bacon rashers ( cut into pieces)
3 pieces of white mushrooms
100ml heavy cream
olive oil and garlic
little black pepper
1. Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water until cooked. Drain and set aside.
2. Pour oil in a frying pan and add garlic, bacon and white mushooms and fry them for several minutes till mushroom is soft.
3.Add cream and bring to boil and until cream is slightly thickened.
4. Pour the cream mixture to the pasta and toss till well mixed. Divide into portions and add in the poached egg and sprinkle some black pepper on top if you like.