Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Creamy Bacon Mushroom Fettucine with Poached Egg and Award


Firstly, i would like to thank Elin from Elinluv's Titbits Corner and Kitchen Flavours for passing this award to me, i know this has been long overdue!I'm truly honoured to receive this award from them, two of the bloggers whom their blogs that i will never fail to visit. There are always delicious and mouthwatering food good enough to torture me!
Also, I received yet another lovely award from CG from Cooking Gallery, a very talented lady and always creative in all her bentos making. You will be amazed looking at her bento sets and not forgetting a wide range of Japanese food. Thank you so much for all these awards and i really appreciate that.

Again, there are some rules to abide in order to accept this award and they are:

1.Post linking back to the person that gave you the award
2.Share 7 random things about yourself
3.Award 15 recently discovered blogs
4.Drop them a note and tell them about it.

Can i just skip note (2)? OK, well, i'm not good at this so i'm going to be very brief about this..
1. I'm a chinese ..the reason i put this down is because recently there is a reader who thinks i'm a malay and was puzzled when i put up a pork dish in my blog recently. I claimed medium built though there are some say that i'm small, they must really go and have their eyes checked.
2. I usually blog during the night cos this is time when i can really have some quiet moments.
3. I love dogs and have a lab retriever at home and now considering getting another retriever or maybe a german shepherd
4. My favourite song in karaoke is 'love will keep us alive'..ahem..i can sing a little bit .at least i wont crack the glass!
5. Have not stopped colouring my hair since 15 years ago..oh, it's not blue or green..just the many shades of brown. I like abit of orangey brown but unfortunately bright colour doesnt usually last long.
6. Am still curious about the taste of macarons, i'm not confident enough to do this at the moment but would like to have a taste of it. Everytime i can only eat from my computer screen! If anyone dropping by ipoh and visit me, please get me some macarons!
7. Have a weakness for earrings. Dangling ones, stud ones but not the very big ones.

From here, i would like to forward these awards to the following bloggers, do find time to visit their beautiful blogs.

1. Hanushi from Simply Hanushi
2. Jeannie from Baking Diary
3. Jasmine from The Sweetylicious
4. Sharon from SharonMoh
5. Cik Manggis from Jom masak, Jom makan makan
6. Jean from Noms I Must
7. Esther from X3baking
8. Tze from Away Of Mind
9. Brittany from les reves dune boulangere
10. Daphne from More than Words
11. Doris from Tested and Tasted
12. Cathy from Cathy's Joy
13. Min from Min's Blog
14. Jay from Tasty Appetite
15. Umm from Taste of Pearl City

And here's my lunch for today..a simple, quick and easy pasta with poached egg. In case some of you who is not too familiar with poaching an egg, you can refer to Victor (Random Cuisine) method of poaching an egg. I followed his method of doing this.



Ingredients: ( serves 2 )
200gm of fettucine
2 bacon rashers ( cut into pieces)
3 pieces of white mushrooms
100ml  heavy cream
2 eggs
olive oil and garlic
little black pepper

Method:
1. Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water until cooked. Drain and set aside.
2. Pour oil in a frying pan and add garlic, bacon and white mushooms and fry them for several minutes till mushroom is soft.
3.Add cream and bring to boil and until cream is slightly thickened.
4. Pour the cream mixture to the pasta and toss till well mixed. Divide into portions and add in the poached egg and sprinkle some black pepper on top if you like.

47 comments:

  1. This looks a bit like Carbonara and I love the addition of poached egg... :D)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lena..wishing you many more awards..Thanx for sharing with me..:)
    Delicious n tempting dish..
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the combination of pasta and egg always makes me happy!! This looks absolutely amazing :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lena, congratulations on you awards...well deserved :-) The creamy pasta looks delicious and I love the poached egg on it, so yummie! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only drool looking.. due to the amount of cream... I think the egg is a brilliant idea! Adding a touch of eggyness to pasta can only be a winner. Funny enough, i have attempted the egg pasta combi and loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh oh and congrats on the award and thanks for passing on to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award Lena you deserved them! what a delicious and appetizing dish yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your well deserved awards. Thank you for accepting!
    Love your simple lunch. Simple are always good..!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratz on the awards! Thanks for testing out my poached egg technique. Now I definitely know that it is foolproofed.

    Great combination of flavor, such a simple lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firstly, well done on your award! Your creations are definitely deserving of it. I love your unique recipes and creativity.


    Thanks so much for passing it on to me! I am so honoured :D

    Plus, your fettucine recipe is to delicious looking. I love the idea of that gooey egg in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulation on your award! This fettucini looks incredible and perfectly comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratualtions and thanks for the award, Lena! So sweet of you to give me the award and I'll treasure it with care ^_^
    The poached egg...makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lena...you are welcome to the award and you know you deserve the award :) Me too never fail to visit your blog. Good food and bakes waiting for me each time I gallop to your site :) Keep them coming. I love each and every of your sharing.

    Hugs and Muax,
    Elin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terima kasih sb sudi bagi Award pada Cm.rasa seperti selebriti hehe.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lena, congrats & you deserve the awards. Thanks also for your kindness of sharing these two awards.
    Your pasta looks delish, with additional poach egg ...it's just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lena, wow! I love this for either breakfast or lunch. Anything that has bacon or mushrooms will be fine with me.
    Looks really delicious.
    Congratulations on your receiving the awards.
    You doing great.
    Have a pleasant week, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for passing me the awards lena, and I love your pasta dish, especially like the poached egg!:D I am going to try out your beautiful swirl bread soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hearty meal this pasta. Love the poached egg on top. i would probably mix it right away while the pasta is piping hot. Delightful idea Lena! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats Lena for your awards. Indeed, you deserves these awards for all your great skills in cooking and baking.

    I'm been "sucked" into this bread baking craze and I love all the breads that you have baked. I will try to use one of your water roux buns recipe and try if the water roux is the reason for producing such great breads :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. If I had to give you an award, it'd be a Delicious Blogger award since all your food/recipe posts are always drool-inducing (for me anyway).

    I love poached eggs over pasta... so simple yet makes all the difference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on on all your awards. You deserve every one of them. Your pasta looks wonderful. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks scrumptious! I wish I can have some now for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  23. though i haven't heard you sing, i know you can sing well ;) pls when u make some macarons, do send some over eh? hey, when did you get a dog? right now i am trying to learn how to make poached egg :D will let u know if it turns out ok :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. sorry i'm kinda late for this...but thanks lena!! :D love your pasta, looks creamy and delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. cooking gallery: yeah, quite similiar except there's no cheese.

    jay, daphne, brittany, tze, dg,cm, dg, jeannie,jasmine, jean: thanks for allowing me to share this award with all of you, all of you are an inspiration to me!!

    hi juliana: yes, the pached egg adds on creaminess to the pasta!

    we are not martha: thanks for coming by, shall visit you soon!

    chris and jess: thank you for your nice words always!

    hi sonia: yup, it's simple and tasty!

    kitchen flavours: thanks again for the award, i really appreciate that!!

    victor: thanks again for the teaching how to poach eggs, that's simple and quick!

    bridget: thank you! this is also good to cook too when we're running short of time!

    elin: thank again for the award! it is very encouraging!!

    lee: thank you, now this time do you want 2 servings at one time??

    arthur: yes, that's very true but for photography purpose, i just keep the poached egg in shape first..

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love pasta and eggs. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on your well deserved awards, Lena! Thank goodness, you're still Frozen Wing not Broken Wing! haha... Jeannie truly scares me. haha... Your pasta look so inviting and yeah, it does comfort me a little after being frightened! Have a great day.
    Cheers, Kristy
    p/s the situation in Japan is getting worst. Don't know it's going to spread through air to other Asia countries or not! Absolutey horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Creamy pasts....love it with lots of hot pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations on the award! You deserve it :-) And your pasta look so delicious. I would love a bowl. Thank you for sharing this delicious and simple meal. I hope you have a beautiful Friday. The weekend is nearly here!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lena, congrats to you receiving the awards and thanks for passing the award to me!! :) Really honoured.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats on your award. Well deserved. It is wise to look at your pasta after dinner. I am hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  32. hi zoe, i;ve seen your bread post using water roux, nice to hear that you will keep trying on that ..you might also be interested in the gelatinised dough method, that dough is much easier to handle.

    kenny: wow, pai seh already!! what makes your mouth so sweet??

    mary and pei lin, thank you!

    WH: i got her when she was probably 2 months old and now she's nine years old..getting old..
    oh, my singing is nothing compared to MY..haha!!

    hi ann: nice of you to drop by, thanks!

    kristy: your comments really made me laugh! i laughed too when i saw broken wings in jeannie's post. i dont know abt the radiation speading to other countries and i think people elsewhere are also worry about the foodstuffs that are going to come in from japan..

    hi pete: that hot pepper does gives a little kick to the pasta..

    thanks, monet! appreciate your visit and comments!

    hanushi: thanks for accepting the award, you deserved that, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  33. My mouth, sweet? Surely not. If at all, it must be the raw honey I got from my Cameron Highlands trip last year, hehe. :P

    ReplyDelete
  34. gosh.. coming by here is as torturous as going to elin's blog.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations on your awards! This looks like a delicious lunch! I love how quick and easy it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Lena,
    good to "know" a bit of yourself from this post! We share facts #1, #5, and #7. I am also a chinese who colours my hair regularly and have big love for big earrings (esp if they are diamond!) LOL. i hope you find the courage to make those macarons soon, and what a lovely pasta u got there! The poached egg, with its runny content is sooooo inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great recipe! And congratulations on your award :-)

    Take care Lena and have a nice week :-)

    ~Ron
    *******

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Lena,
    Just saw your comment on my potted garden. The internet went offline since yesterday morning!
    I bought the sweet basil plant from the nursery, a small plant. It grows very fast and you can cut the stem and grow from there. I have three plants now. The same can be done for most herbs, Oregano, Thai Basil, Thymes can be propagated by stem cutting. Rosemary is a little difficult but I think that I finally succeeded propagating it after many attempts. Growing your own herbs is really rewarding. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  39. kenny , honey..hmm, that will make a good kissable sweet lips too!!

    oh claire my dear, dont you worry , i'm sure elin will always save some of her lovely treats for you!

    cristina: simple, quick and yet satisfying!!

    crustabakes: i can also tell abt fact (5) from your profile picture. Big diamond earrings?? wow, that's real eye catchy!

    ron: thanks, glad you're visiting again and your comment.

    kitchen flavours: thank you so much for your info! i just bought a amall pot of basil leaves today. i'll let you know the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  40. hi quay po, nice to see you again. I've made some lemon curd using your recipe and i've used that for spreading on my pavlova, thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Good kissable sweet lips? Hehe, I sure don't get complaints about mine... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Lena, Congratulations about getting your awards. I think you deserve them because you always make delicious and yummy looking food. Also, thank you for passing on this award to me. It means a lot to me :) Sorry for not commenting until now, I will get a new post up asap. Btw, the noodles look very good. They seem like something my brother would like eating. I always wanted to try making something with fettucine.

    ReplyDelete
  43. esther, take your time, no hurry! you're such a hardworking girl and i can feel that you have great passions in baking and i think all these awards are great motivation for all of us and remembering us!

    ReplyDelete
  44. This really looks delicious with lots of twists. I'm definitely craving for a plate of that right now. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. This is definitely a must do recipe this weekend since I got my Food Safety Course.

    ReplyDelete