This will be my 2nd and last submission to the Aspiring Bakers#1:Chiffon Cake(Nov 2010) hosted by Small Small Baker. It is a Hazelnut Chiffon Cake which i personally find this taste better than the sweet corn chiffon..at least here, no essence required and i'm still able to get the much flavour of the hazelnuts. I whipped up some cream with a little coffee emulco,just to dress up the cake...with some gumpaste flowers.. simply just for photography purpose. Like my previous Sweet Corn Chiffon Cake, i also got this from the same book, "chiffon cake is done" by Kevin Chai. Lots of ideas and some very strange too, i think! Here's the recipe:
Egg Yolk Batter
2 egg yolks
2tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
20gm caster sugar
30gm grounded hazelnut
10gm self raising flour
Egg white foam:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. To make egg yolk, combine egg yolks, oil, milk, lemon rind and sugar into a mixing bowl .Fold in sifted flour and grounded hazelnut until forms batter
2. To make egg white foam, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until mixture forms soft peaks, gradually add in sugar,beating at high speed until frothy and stiff peaks form.
3. Gently fold beaten egg whites foam into egg yolk batter until blended.
4. Pour batter into ungreased small heart tube pan ( i used 16cm tube pan) and bake in a preheated oven at 170C for 20minutes or until cooked
5. Remove oven , invert cake onto table until completely cooled.