Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sour and Spicy Crabs


From small till now, i always love eating crabs and my mum always cook this type of spicy crabs.
Cooking the crabs i think it's not too difficult , as these crabs have already got their own sweet distinguished flavour..even just by steaming it can already bring out the flavour in them. This sour and spicy crabs is just one way of cooking them and i remember when i was small, we usually dip the bread into the gravy and eat and in those days, restaurants that serve these dish will also provide you few slices of bread. But i do not like the cleaning part where we have to make sure it's really clean and each time , i will use a toothbrush to brush off the muds that are stick onto their bodies. Again, please do whatever necessary to suit your taste if you really want to try this.



Ingredients:
3 medium mud crabs, cleaned and cut into pieces
some garlic
3 tablespoons Kg Koh chilli garlic sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 egg , lightly beaten
1tbsp vinegar
water to cover
some cornstach solution (optional)

Method
1.Saute the garlic and put in the crabs on medium high fire. Mix and stir for 2 minutes.
2.Pour in the chilli garlic sauce and the ketchup and stir fry in the wok.
3.Sprinkle some water, add in the sugar and salt and keep stir frying. Pour in some water (depends on how much gravy you like but not too much) and cover it for 3 minutes, turn the fire lower.
4. Add in the beaten egg and stir to mix. If you want a thicker gravy, add some cornstarch solution and further cook for 1 minute. Dish up and serve.

7 comments:

  1. Wouw! This super delicious ... you really make me want to eat now :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anak anak memang suka crab tapi selalu complain sebab susah nak makan :( hehe isi sikit sahaja...

    Cm selalu kukus dengan serai dan bawang putih..yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i know why you love eating crabs since young...hahaahahaahah. i love it too, especially sweet and sour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummylicious! i'm too lazy to cook this on my own! great work lena!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lena..awww Lena...you so cruel ! I just had them and now you are making salivating again :p My Jo loves crabs cooked this way. I think I am going to cook this again when my boy is back, then at least he gets to eat too. Yessss, my Piggies love dipping bread into those spicy gravy too :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Lena! Your crab dish looks delicious. Btw...I've an award for you. Thanks for sharing your cooking experience with me :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the similar type of crabs that my mum cook for us. It's delicious, and I feel more comfortable to have this at home rather than dine out. I can take my time to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete