Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wholemeal Bread


This wholemeal bread is really nice and soft and when i have to slice the the bread, i had to do it very slowly because of its softness. I got the recipe from this book, "孟老师的100道麵包". I baked it in a pullman tin but it didnt make it to the top of the tin, therefore, it's not square. Probably I baked it before the dough actually reaches to almost 90% of the tin.Nevertheless, the bread was good.


Ingredients A
Wholemeal flour 120gm
Bread flour 85gm
Instant yeast 4gm ( 1 tsp )
Water 130gm

Ingredients B
Bread flour 85gm
Caster sugar 15gm
Salt 1tsp
Milk powder 10gm
Water 50gm

Unsalted butter 15gm

Method:
1. Mix all ingredients A until dough is formed . Cover and let proof for 90 mins
2. After proofing, mix this dough into ingredients B and knead until dough is smooth.
3.Add in unsalted butter and continue kneading or beating if using electric mixer until dough surface is smooth.
3. Cover and let 2nd proof for 60 mins.
4. After 2nd proof, divide dough into 3 equal portions and shape into balls. Let rest for 15mins.
5. Take each ball and shape into rectangle 20cm X 10cm and then roll up like swiss roll. Put the dough into the baking tin and proof for another 50mins. Thre should be 3 separate doughs in the baking tin.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 30 mins.

8 comments:

  1. Nice blog you have too. Thanks for stopping by. Glad to know an Ipoh food blogger :) Love ya !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are good. Is there anything else you don't know how to cook ah? hehehehehheehehheeh

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bread looks great! Well done, Lena. You're getting there. Enjoy your day.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These bread look very soft - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you all for your nice words.

    mommy to chumsy, please do not tease me. There are still so much more that i want to learn..from the net, from fellow bloggers,books, etc. It's really not that difficult to bake all these as long as you have the passion and patient.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lena! I've been looking at this recipe for a while and I really want to make it. I have a few questions before I do that though. What size was your bread tin? Also, did you just add all of ingredients B into the dough in A? Or did you tear dough A into pieces and add in ingredients B? Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello esther, i was using my usual pullman tin, 11cmx11cmx23cm. You dont need to tear into pieces, just put the whole dough that has already been doubled into ingredient b and beat in the mixer bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! :) I can't wait to try it out. I'll do that when I have freezer space because right now my freezer is crammed with all the leftover bread I made. This will be the first bread that I've made with a starter.

    ReplyDelete