Ingredients ( recipe from Bread Magic )
330gm high protein flour
30gm caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
190ml fresh milk ( chilled )
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt and yeast together in a mixer. Give it a mix before adding in chilled milk.
Beat for 3-5 mins or till dough is formed. Adding in milk gives bread a better flavour and softer texture.
2. Add in shortening , beat for 5-7 mins till dough is smooth.
3. Leave dough in a big bowl, covered with damp cloth in a warm place, let it rise till double in bulk
4. Shape dough into a big ball redst for 10 mins before shaping. Flatten each piece and roll up tightly like
swiss roll. Place in a lightly greased 11cmx11cmx22cm loaf tin. Uncover, proof for 45 mins till it reaches
more than halfway up the sides, then cover it.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 210 C for 30-35 mins.
Note: i'm sure we can replace the shortening with butter, it should taste better . I added 200ml of chilled milk instead as i find that the dough is bit dry and for my first proofing , it took about an hour. This bread is easy to make and the texture is soft too.